Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Adventures at the Bog Museum


Alas, the Bog Museum in Coalisland was shut when Martha and I passed through on the way to Sandy and Elaine's wedding. We did have a coffee in one of the local cafes, and checked out some of the, ahem, somewhat interesting murals before heading to Stewartstown and a truly lovely service.


The wedding was a delight from beginning to end, and included possibly the best reception meal I have ever eaten. Everyone we met was absolutely lovely. I did, unfortunately, bring the very worst digital camera in the history of photography, and managed to take some awful pictures, which I won't embarrass myself by displaying here. There are one or two good ones on the phone, but as Susan has lost the instructions and the USB cable, I can't work out how to get them onto the computer...
Memo to self: Learn how to do a Strip the Willow properly so as to avoid future embarrassment.

1 comment:

Half_Fool said...

A good enemy is better than a bad friend - Love it! Fantastic Irish Logic at it's very best.
Nobody loves Mal Amigos. Reminds me of Trainspotting. Most people focused on the drugs aspect. For me, a big part of the story was the Mal Amigo factor. The friends you can't get rid off and the ones one you want to keep, are all intertwined.
Anyhoo..
Is Strip the Willow not a Catch 22 situation anyway? Damned if you don't...

Ewan Sweeney