Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Heavenly Nescafe on Rannoch Moor, and a stag at (parking) bay


I took a last-minute decision this morning to take the westerly route from Glasgow to Inverness, by Loch Lomond, Glencoe, Fort William and Loch Ness. It's four hours, as opposed to three and a bit, but what a wonderful drive. All of the Highlands' autumnal glories were on display, and by the time I hit Rannoch Moor, the sun was breaking through the low cloud to spectacular effect.
Nescafe and a bacon roll from the caravan at the Black Mount car park was, I pondered, like having a snack in heaven. I didn't realise the cairn next to the snackvan, commemorating the Munro of all those mountainous Munroes, contains a stone from every peak in Scotland over 3000 feet high.
And this car-park has its own stag, though rather a wee one. Lots of notices saying not to feed him; lots of people ignoring them. Note the carrots.
It's the same with ducks, in my experience...only not with carrots.

No comments: