Sunday, January 25, 2009

Heading south again...

I tried to cancel the boat an hour ago, but failed to get through on NorthLink's reservation line. Suddenly, I just couldn't be bothered with all the discomfort and potential sickness involved in travelling aboard a flat-bottomed floating car park in a force eight. It sounds worse than that at the moment, but I'm hoping this bloody south-easterly will moderate in the course of the night...

I have the Phenergan, however, and I know how to use it (just ONE tablet or it's comatose broadcasting for the rest of the week).

I'm heading for Glasgow, there to meet up with family and friends, do the show from Pacific Quay, and catch some Celtic Connections action, hopefully, as well as this extraordinary site-specific thing at the Citz, Sub-Rosa. And interview at some length Arlo Guthrie, for my Musical Genes series.

So, better go. Assuming the boat actually sails in this weather...

No comments: