Friday, August 18, 2017

New Beatcroft Social Show now streaming via Mixcloud. Oh, and a poem about bogies

One of those weird weeks that start slowly with nothing much happening, then gradually accelerates until, on Thursday and Friday, you're running about like a mad thing trying to finish promised pieces of work...in my case, articles about Lumpfish and polytunnels. Such is the cutting edge investigative journalism that pays (at least some of the) bills.

The weekly Beatcroft Social is always a pleasure, and here it is. Spotify playlist (scroll right down...no, further)  can be used if you wish to avoid my verbal rumblings. But I should say there is a great story about abandoning drummers in Texas on the Mixcloud stream. But hey, uh, nothing ever happens, does it?

By way of added value, here's a poem from my so far unpublished children's book called 'Disgusting Songs for All Occasions'

BOGIES

I love breakfast
When I wake up
I drink tea
From a big white cup
I like cornflakes and I like toast
But there one thing I love the most

Bogies!
They come from out our noses
Bogies!
they taste like Cadbury’s Roses
If you don’t believe you should do a scientific test
You’ll find that bogies are best

I like dinner
In the middle of the day
Some call it lunch
Why I just couldn’t say
If there’s not enough I know what do
I just blow my nose and have a chew

Teatime I have juice
And that’s all right
Supper just before
I go to sleep for the night
If I wake up with a need to munch
I’ve got some dried in a matchbox - they make a LOVELY crunch!

Bogies!
They come from out our noses
Bogies!
they taste like Cadbury’s Roses
If you don’t believe you should do a scientific test
You’ll find that bogies are best




2 comments:

Unknown said...

In the words of Dr Frasier Crane..."I'm listening..."

Hamag Review said...

Hi Tom, Due to holidays I am currently playing catch-up and just finished listening to the show from, 19 August and it must be the only time that the 13th Floor Elevators have been played on UK radio. Made me want to dig out "Nuggets" and start listening all over again. How about The Nazz and Open My Eyes on some future show? Keep up the excellent work,thanks for a great show. Hamish Matthews in Mid Calder